In a Hi Rise emergency situation the primary objective is to protect the people. This protocol will be developed in two phases of Business Contingency Planning (BCP):
- Obtain senior management support for results of Gap (weaknesses) analysis.
- Risk assessment, plan design and implementation.
Develop initial scope of Emergency Preparedness (EP) plan and outline processes for risk indentification (ID), loss prevention and/or mitigation and response and recovery. Risk ID may include evaluation of physical assets and summary information of critical groups and/or organizations.
The results of Gap is the 3-4 most significant risk issues and obstacles to response and recovery.
Risk Assessment and Communications:
Design and implementation
Significant aspects include:
- Appropriate EP plan design
- Practical implementation
- Ongoing modifications for changing business needs and changes in the groups, organization and crisis response leaders
- Effective EP plan communications and training
EP Plan Design includes:
- Survey of constituents (group managers and leaders)
- Physical inspections of significant assets
- Business interruption exposures
- Human factors challenges (ex: persons with mobility disabilities
- Business recovery obstacles and opportunities
- Organizational EP attitudes